Here is a list of links to beekeeping/bee related websites, news and video links. SCBA has no affiliation with these sites, but include them as added resources for learning about bees and beekeeping.
In the News
Pesticides linked to honeybee decline
The first study conducted in a natural environment has shown that systemic pesticides damage bees' ability to navigate
About the Honey Bee
Africanized Honey Bees
Amazing Benefits of Honey!
American Beekeeping Federation
Backyard Beekeeping - Davis Wiki
Bee Hive plan woodworking plans
Bee-Friendly Farming Self-Certification
Beekeeping with Children
Beemaster Home Page
Bees and When to Harvest Honey - Hobby Farms
Beesource Beekeeping - Types of Hives and Hive Equipment
Betterbee's Glossary of Beekeeping Terms
Building Beekeeping equipment
Brushy Mountain Bee Farm, Inc.
CNG - Apiary Standards
Flower Pollinators: All About Bees and Beekeeping
Flower Pollination Resource Guide
Guide To Bee-Friendly Gardens
Emma's great reference link "The Bees Knees"
Handbook for Natural Beekeepers & Apiary Standards
Hive Robbers | The Bee Space
Honey.com - The National Honey Board
Honey Label Requirements and Infographic
Liberty 4-H Bees - beekeeping for kids
Marketing Your Honey | Bees Buzzing
The Melissa Gardens
The Napa Valley Bee Company
News on Colony Collapse Disorder
Partners for Sustainable Pollination
Sustainable Beekeeping Introduction Robin Morris
The Barefoot Beekeeper
The Flower Blog - Beekeepers Guide
The Gardening Tutor
The Xerces Society - Pollinator Conservation Resource
The Yellow Dot Project
UC Davis Department of Entomology
Urban Bee Gardens
What is Propolis
References and Credits
We would like to thank all those who have contributed their time, knowledge, recipes, experience, stories and photographs to make this website better. References were taken in part from the following resources:
- Backyard Beekeeping - Davis Wiki
- Betterbee's Glossary of Beekeeping Terms
- Bee-Friendly Farming Self-Certification
- The Beekeeper's Diary
- Guide To Bee-Friendly Gardens - Home
- The Xerces Society - Pollinator Conservation Resources - California Region
- Why the Bees Are Dying
- Native Bees
- Brushy Mountain Bee Farm, Inc.
- News on Colony Collapse Disorder, the latest on bee disappearance and declining bee populations
- Honey.com - The National Honey Board | Home
- American Beekeeping Federation
- Beekeeping with Children
- Beemaster Home Page
- Amazing Benefits of Honey!
- Hive Robbers | The Bee Space
- ::: About the Honey Bee ::
- Bees and When to Harvest Honey - Hobby Farms
- organic beekeeping101.com
- Amateur Beekeeping Sechrist, Edward 1971
- Apiculture in Tropical Climates. ed. E. Crane, I.B.R.A., London, Great Britain, 1976
- Beekeeping for Beginners Cale, G. H. Jr. 1959
- Beekeeping for Dummies
- Bees for Pleasure and Profit Root, A. I.
- The Beekeeper's Handbook. D. Sammataro and A. Avitabile. Peach Mt. Press, Dexter, Mich. 1978.
- Beekeeping. F. Vernon. Hodder and Stoughton. Aylesbury, Bucks. Great Britain. 1976.
- A Beekeeping Guide. H.H. Attfield. VITA. Tech. Bull. $9, Bucks, Rainer, Mrd. 20822, U.S.A.
- Beekeeping in the Tropics. F.G. Smith: Western Printing Services, Ltd. Bristol, Great Britain, 1960.
- Central Bee Research Institute. Technical Bulletins. 3 Isla Road, Vile Parle (West). Bombay, India. 400056.
- The Hive and the Honey Bee. ed. Dadant & Sons, Hamilton, Illinois, 1975,
- Insect Pollination of Cultivated Crop Plants. S.E. McGregor. Ag. Handbook #496. U.S.D.A. Washington, D.C. 1976.
- Practical Beekeeping. Tompkins and Griffith. Garden Way Publ. Charlotte, Vt. 05445, 1977.
- Queen Breeding for Amateurs. C.P. Abbott. Bee Craft, Bracken Dene. Manor Way, Petts Wood, Kent. Great Britain, 1951.
- Queen Rearing. H. Laidlaw, and J.E. Eckert. Un. of California Press Berkeley, 1962.