The honey bee and all pollinators are experiencing dramatic decline in population today. The world is full of toxins, bees have many vectors and challenges that threaten their existence. Bee’s provide pollination for many agri-crops that feed the people of the world. Without the bees services, produce shelves would have minimal selection for consumption.
There are many ways help the bees.
- Follow safe gardening practices stop using herbicides, pesticides and fungicides.
- Planting forage for the bees that provide nutrition high in both nectar and pollen assuring there is bloom throughout the year.
- Buy honey from your local beekeeper.
- Become a beekeeper.
- Volunteer your time to help the bees.
- Join SCBA
- Donate and help SCBA fulfill it’s mission: Our goal is to increase interest in and knowledge of bees and beekeeping for the hobby and commercial beekeeper, and to educate the general public in the value of bees.
Or you may send your tax deductible contributions
Sonoma County Beekeepers’ Association
P.O. Box 98
Santa Rosa, CA 95402
Find out other ways you can support the bees go to our About Bees pages to find out.